The main goal of the Convention is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to limit the global temperature increase to 2 °C above pre-industrial levels. But: studies show that some climate changes are proceeding faster than predicted. We should actually limit future warning below the 2 degree target to avoid dangerous climate change.
Without rapid and significant efforts, all of us need to brace ourselves for:
- Rising sea levels
- Disrupted food systems and water availability
- Extreme weather events
- Natural disasters
- Less forest and ice, and because of that:
- Less biodiversity
- Climate refugees
The People’s Climate March wants all representatives to fight for this agreement and wrote down some proposals:
- Invest in clean and green energy
- Stimulate companies and individuals to use energy in efficient ways
- Cut back deforestation
- Support sustainable agriculture
- Fast forward the transition to social and fair industries
Join our movement - let’s dance, dance, dance
Before the Convention kicks off, we all gather on Sunday, 29 November 2015 at 12PM on Museumplein in Amsterdam. Together we will walk through the city and… we will dance!
Strawberry Earth is teaming up with initiatives as Magneetfestival, 10,000 HOURS and Mysteryland to add creativity, colour and dance music to the parade. We will dance our socks off, because THE PLANET IS OUR DANCE FLOOR.